Okay, so last summer Breanna loved the pool so of course as the summer approached this year, I made sure I had the neccesities: a few swimsuits, little swimmers, a beach towel, and sunscreen all ready for our first trip to the pool. It was Memorial Day and we went over to my sister's house to go swimming and grill out. I had Breanna all ready in her bathing suit. I walk her up to the pool and she starts freaking out. She doesn't want anything to do with it. My heart drops....I was really looking forward to spending the summer swimming with her. I tried to put her feet in but she didn't want to be anywhere near the pool. So I gave up. I figured maybe after several different tries, she may finally like it. Well, I have one of those little pools with a built in slide on it. I was babysitting my niece and nephew today and thought I would pull it out and fill it up so they could go swimming. I thought that since it was smaller, Breanna might not be scared and want to get in. At first she didn't want anything to do with it. She kept her distance for awhile and then she warmed up to it and started putting her hands in and splashing around. Then finally she got in and loved it. I couldn't keep her off the slide. And of course, she didn't want to get out. I feel a little better now that she liked the small pool. Maybe we'll just have to work our way up to the big pool. Here's a little video of her splashing in the pool...she was so cute!!
5.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment